BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO FOR THIS CONTEST, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (the “TERMS”).
Republic Bank Limited (“The BANK”) presents the Republic Bank Next Steps Award Programme 2017 online video contest, hereinafter referred to as “The Contest” where participants (“PARTICIPANTS”) submit a video (the “VIDEO”) on any of four genres, being singing, dance, fashion and film, for the opportunity to be awarded PRIZES as outlined herein. By submitting a VIDEO as outlined herein, each PARTICIPANT agrees to abide and be bound by these TERMS.
1. PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible to submit a VIDEO to the CONTEST and to qualify for the PRIZES as outlined herein, the PARTICIPANT must meet the following eligibility requirements:
· the PARTICIPANT must be a legal resident of Trinidad & Tobago;
· the PARTICIPANT must be between the ages of 15 and 21 at the time of entry;
· the PARTICIPANT must be the creator and sole owner of the VIDEO they submit; and
· the PARTICIPANT warrants they have the exclusive right to submit the VIDEO to this CONTEST
2. VIDEO ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible to participate in the CONTEST and be considered for the PRIZES as outlined herein, the PARTICIPANT shall provide the Bank with the following information, and the VIDEO must be in the required format:
· PARTICIPANT’s name, age, contact number and the title of the VIDEO presentation
· A brief summary of the VIDEO presentation including the major points
· VIDEO Length – not to exceed four (4) minutes
· VIDEO Format – MP4 or H264
· VIDEO Quality – High Definition Or Standard Definition
· The VIDEO must clearly showcase the PARTICIPANT’s talent in the chosen genre
· The VIDEO must not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation
· The VIDEO must not be pornographic, libellous, slanderous or defamatory in nature
· The VIDEO must be completed and submitted, as outlined below, before 10:00 p.m. on July 2 2017.
· PARTICIPANTS shall retain the rights to their VIDEOs.
3. PRIZE DESCRIPTION
A total of twelve (12) Scholarships shall be awarded to PARTICIPANTS valued at Fifteen Thousand Trinidad & Tobago dollars (TTD$15,000) each (the “SCHOLARSHIP”).
Three SCHOLARSHIPS shall be awarded in each of the genres, i.e. singing, dance, fashion and film, selected by a panel of three (3) judges
The SCHOLARSHIP awardees agree to participate in a five (5) week workshop facilitated by experts in these genres (the “WORKSHOPS”).
WORKSHOPS will be hosted from July 17, 2017 to August 18, 2017 as detailed below:
· Singing – Bernadette Scott
· Dance – Elle Dance Studio
· Fashion – Meiling Inc.
· Film – Montage Production
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
There is no fee to participate and ach PARTICIPANT shall only submit one (1) entry.
VIDEOS are to be submitted by the following method:
· Videos are to be uploaded to YouTube and Direct Message the YouTube link to the RS Teen Facebook page
5. NOTE ON DISQUALIFICATION:
Any attempt to tamper with the submission of VIDEOS or the judging process, or breach of any of these TERMS, or deliberately damage or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the CONTEST, the Bank in its sole discretion, shall the disqualify the PARTICIPANT from this CONTEST.
If your VIDEO is selected as one of the winners, you will receive an email advising you of the CONTEST results.
7. PRIZE DISTRIBUTION
· Upon notification of being awarded a PRIZE at the email address accompanying their submission, PARTICIPANTS must supply a scan of a valid government-issued ID as proof of their identification and residency, as well as a valid mailing address. In the event we are unable to verify any information to our satisfaction the BANK reserves the right to withhold or reverse any Prize without liability.
· In the event any PARTICIPANT fails to comply with these TERMS, the BANK reserves the right to disqualify the PARTICIPANT’s VIDEO submission.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS
By submitting a VIDEO as per the TERMS of the CONTEST, each PARTICPANT automatically, forever releases the BANK and its affiliated or related companies, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, (collectively, the “RELEASEES”), from any and all obligations and all liability arising in any manner related to and including without limitation the BANK, the CONTEST, the PRIZE, the selection of any PRIZE winners, the administration of the CONTEST, and the acceptance or the use of any or all of the PRIZES awarded.
All decisions by the BANK with respect to all aspects of the CONTEST shall be final and binding. All PARTICIPANTS agree to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of the BANK. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these TERMS or any decision rendered by the BANK, the decision or interpretation of the BANK shall prevail.
Refusal of a Prize. The refusal by a potential or declared PARTICIPANT to accept the PRIZE awarded in accordance with the TERMS shall release and forever discharge the RELEASEES from any and all obligations related to the PRIZE.
Release. Each PARTICIPANT hereby releases and holds harmless the RELEASEES from any and all liability for any and all damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from their participation in the CONTEST.
Limitation of Liability. The RELEASEES are not liable for faulty computer components, software, or links; the loss or non-existence of communications capability; or faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that make it difficult, or render a user unable, to use the Website or any Website feature, howsoever caused, the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone or network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; or the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”. The RELEASEES are not liable for any
harm suffered directly or indirectly as a result of downloading any Web page or software or transmitting any information related to entry in the CONTEST. Further, the RELEASEES assume no responsibility for entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected. The RELEASEES do not guarantee access to or non-interruption of the Website during the CONTEST or that it will be free of any errors.
Consent. By entering the CONTEST, the PARTICIPANT consents to the use of the VIDEO, name, voice, photograph, statements and/or likeness, without additional compensation or permission, in any publicity or advertising by or on behalf of the BANK, its agencies and affiliates in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity.
Impossibility to act due to Force Majeure. The RELEASEES shall not be responsible for any damages for a failure to operate the CONTEST in accordance with these TERMS in any case where their incapacity to act results from circumstances or a situation beyond their reasonable control or because of a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their company or those of businesses which services are used for holding this CONTEST, war, riot, insurrection, earthquake, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, accident, storm or any other act of nature.
Jurisdiction. This CONTEST is subject to and governed by the all applicable laws of Trinidad & Tobago.